Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yayy....sneak peaks for CHA

Yes it's that time of year again...time to give you sneaks of all the releases coming out at the trade show in Chicago.

Tim has started his HERE

Wendy has started hers HERE, HERE, HERE , HERE and HERE

So here's mine... woop de frikkin woop....

I have 12 new stamp plates being produced by Stampers Anonymous which are debuting at the show, and I'm going to show you one a day until I run out of days...

The stamps I am releasing are sooooooo me and made especially for my journaling, but are also suitable for cards and scrapping. They are based on some of my favourite personal journal pages, and feature all the little touches that I am renowned for.

The first release is DS009 Curious Corrin.


I just frikkin love her to bits, shes my little toadstool girlie...ringlets to die for,extra legs. extra hands, extra eyes ( including the fabulous skeleton eyes). And in the grand tradition of Worzel Gummidge, she has a couple of spare heads.

Here's some samples, please excuse the photos, for some reason they are coming out really dull when in actual real life, as you have come to expect, they are so frikkin vibrant..!!!

This is on a 7 x 9 canvas board, one of my fave mediums to work on when I am not in my journals. The background is done with Distress Stains, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Broken China and Fired Brick, and sprayed with Adirondack Red Pepper and Sailboat Blue  Colorwash. All the images are painted with the stains.





I think she is going to be a firm favourite with you all, for sure....

Here's a few more boards in progress....using Adirondack Dabbers and Colorwash





And these little beauties arrived on Tuesday morning and lasted right through till the evening, believe it or not.
Oh yes a Krispy Kreme store has opened up not 20 minutes away....How dangerous is that.??? Too frikkin dangerous...that's what....lmao.






A big thank you to the lovely Diana for being the bearer of such delightful goodies, I've decided we will keep you, lol.

On a bit of a more serious note, I just need to reiterate the fact that my Dyans downloads are for personal use only and are not to be forwarded to friends, used in workshops without permission, used in kits or resold in ANY way. I have noticed them popping up on Ebay, Etsy and even workshop schedules. C'mon peeps, bitof respect...!!! Even though you have purchased a download, it is still my artwork and IP and is intended for personal use.. Thank you, mucho appreciated...

On an even more serious and sad note, will the person who has "accidentally borrowed" my whole collection of Sew Somerset, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase return them. They are a bit of a bible to me, and I don't think a lot of the issues are still in print, so cannot be replaced.

Made a fabby video (well I thought so, lol) this morning using my web cam, thought I was being a clever clogs by leaving both hands free..!!! But can't get the frikkin thing to upload to YouTube... Help me..!!!! lol. Do you have a cunning plan on how to do it..??? Please spill the beans, you know you want to.

Enjoy xx

11 comments:

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Fab new release! Cant wait. See you tomorrow, I can prolly help you with the video, i uploads loads to youtube.

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh the new stamps look flabby :-) perfect for journaling. Can't wait to see them IRL!

Angela Weimer said...

The new set looks FAB! Loving the backgrounds too. Can't wait to see more and the crispy creme look scrumptious. Have a wonderful evening. Angela

Vic said...

Adorable stamp set! I'm ready to see more.

Alison Horne said...

i want the stamps NOW. [stamps foot and rolls on floor of office when should be doing admin.]As to videos I haven't got a clue-tube i'm afraid. xx

Karla Anderson said...

I love your stamps! I have just discovered your stamps and I love them! So fun and whimsical and quirky- just what I like and it is hard to find stamps in that offbeat style. The stamps are a bit hard to find here in the state of Iowa, but I did find some online. I want them all! and I amsure I will want all your new releases too. I just wish I could get my hands on some of your luscious looking sprays and acrylics - they look so juicy! Thank you so much for your creations!

Liz (Chubby Frog) said...

I'm so sad to hear that yet another of your treasured possessions has gone walkies. You are so generous with your encouragement and welcome everyone into your studio and it is wrong that you are repaid like that. I hope the mistake is rectified soon and the magazines find their way home.

smokeysmom said...

I MUST HAVE CURIOUS CORRIN! I love this stamp set! So when can I buy it? It's just perfect! Great job creating it:) Hugs, Maggie

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fab stamps Dyan, and fabulous pages :-) Pity there are some light-fingered people round!
Anne xx

Carol P said...

These are great. Love the backgrounds! Do you use gesso under the color wash to get the streaked two tone effect? Will have to try some of these... Thanks for sharing!

salamanda said...

Love your Toadstool girl.

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott